I unloaded my bisque firing from the kiln. Everything turned out a.o.k. Only one crack within the whole kiln. And to be honest the crack is not even that bad. I did not even notice it until I had looked at the piece for a good few minutes. The piece that cracked was my scale and it is not on the top but on the bottom side of one of the "feet".
There was loads of preparation for the soda and wood firings to be done. For starters I had to dip all my chains from my most recent bisque into stains. I dipped them into burnt umber and red iron oxide. After dipping them I wiped away at some of the stain so that places were not as thick as in other places. Next there was wadding to be done; wadding for the soda and the wood kilns. Then I helped get the kiln shelves ready for the firings. I also got wood piled up for the wood kiln. Last but not least we fired both the kilns.
The wood kiln was my very first time participating in a wood firing. It was quite fun learning how to stoke, load, and such things.
Hopefully all my pieces come out of both firings cool!