Hi all. This week was a pretty good week in the production of making art and prepping to make art. This week cranked out a lot of glass bottle cutting. Which was by the way a lot harder than expected like I said last week. However, I got all the quote on quote discs of the spine cut. Then when I went to connect the spine I realized that it was missing something. It was missing the stuff in between the disc of the spine. So I decided to go look for more materials. I found some packing plastic that was in a tv box. I cut that up and it worked just fine for the stuff in between.
Next on my agenda of this week was to make a mold of the feet of the scale I molded last week. That was a bit of a hassle. It was only a hassle because well I tried a lot of cottle boards before I could find the right ones for this mold. Then when I was constructing the mold I added more height to the feet for later connection after casting. Then when I demolded the feet they were hard to get out. I think there was a bit of an undercut on the feet, so while the molds were still on the wetter side I carved back on the mold a little bit to get the feet out. After that I did some cleaning up so the casts would come out nicely. It was not much, but better safe than sorry.
Also this week I started making chains again! I am focusing this semester on making each chain link more unified (oval in shape). I got I believe 33 links connected this week. Which is nice!