If you're reading this, I want to start out by saying you are awesome and worthy my friend.
Hello all. This week, I put my time into the studio. I'm talking loads of work to where my body was crying from all the standing I did. But boy is it worth all that I got done.
I made a total of 10 scales this week. I do believe I have began to understand slip casting a little bit more after this week. For starters I have figured out my mold specifically itself. So I need to cast the feet an hour before I cast the scale. The feet seem to be taking about 30 minutes to sit before pouring the slip out of the mold. Then when it is time to cast the scale the scale takes about an hour to sit before the slip is ready to be poured out. By this time the feet are either just about ready to pop out, or they are good to go. The next step is to put the feet in the wet scale, and then let the scale set up for a few hours.
^^^ That's a lot of info, but wait there's more I did this week!
The other thing that I worked on this week was my piece I mentioned last week. So I really got started on this piece this summer, like I mentioned last week. However, this week I started the clay aspect of my piece. I started making female reproductive systems. I made two of the three I planned on making. The idea is that the bone dry reproductive systems will over time deteriorate much like the reproductive system can/will when one has an eating disorder. After making those two reproductive systems I really got to thinking how they will sit bone dry without breaking. So I brainstormed for a while, and came up with the idea of making the pelvic floor muscles out of wire to support the reproductive system. I did not get to the production of making them this week, but I will next week.