Hello! This week I spent a good chunk of time finishing my newest piece, my figure. I finished painting her and the scale she is standing on. I then painted the bathroom tiles she will be standing on. After painting the tiles I taped the grout so I could spray a enamel clear paint gloss on them. Then I declared this piece done!
This week I also mixed up some black copper oxide wash and stained my chains with the wash. After that I got them pit fired with the help of my professor Brian since it had been quite some time since I last pit fired. I needed a refresher on how to do it.
The next thing I did this week was figure out why my most recent casts of my scale were being funny. I believe that my slip was too thick so I have to figure out if that is it and fix the water ratio and then cast again next week.
This week I also photograph led all my work for my thesis show that is April 18th!